.NET Foundation Elections
This is your .NET Foundation! Get involved by voting for - or possibly running for - our next Board of Directors.
.NET Foundation Board Elections
In 2019, the .NET Foundation expanded the Board of Directors from three to seven members, with one single seat appointed by Microsoft and the remaining six elected by the community. This structure has helped the .NET Foundation scale and better serve the .NET ecosystem.
The 2022 Nominating Committee members are
Terms expiring this year
This year, the following board members terms are completing:
- Frank Odoom
- Bill Wagner
- Shawn Wildermuth
The top three candidates will join the board.
What does the .NET Foundation Board Do?
The board completely runs the .NET Foundation. They decide how the money is spent, what projects join the foundation, what the Executive Director does, what programs the foundation will run or be involved with, what events we'll sponsor. The board runs the foundation.
See here what would be your responsibilities
How Do Elections Work?
- .NET Foundation Voting Members are eligible to both vote in the election and run for a board seat. If you're not a member yet, join today!
- The Nominating Committee will present the candidates to Voting Members on September 23.
- The campaign period runs concurrent with the voting period.
- Voting Members will cast their votes using the Single Transferable Vote methodology on the OpaVote system.
- Results will be communicated on October 7th.
- To keep informed, follow us on Twitter at @dotnetfdn... or better yet, subscribe to our newsletter!
Interested in running for a seat? Watch for our next blog post with specifics on the elections process, and feel free to ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.