What is the .NET Foundation?
The .NET Foundation is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, which was established to support an innovative, commercially friendly, open-source ecosystem around the .NET platform.
What we do
The .NET Foundation supports .NET open source in several ways:
- Promote the broad spectrum of software available to .NET developers through NuGet.org, GitHub, and other venues.
- Advocate for the needs of .NET open source developers in the community.
- Evangelize the benefits of the .NET platform to a wider community of developers.
- Promote the benefits of the open source model to developers already using .NET.
- Offer administrative support for member projects.
- Support .NET community events with sponsorship and content.